The Church of St. George at the Pögl Manor

Church owned by the Eppensteiner family

The Church of St. George at the Pögl Manor© TV Bruck/Mur, picture: A. Steininger

The Church of St. George is first mentioned in 1066 as being a proprietary church of the Eppensteiner family.  In 1531 it entered into the possession of the esteemed Pögl family of Bruck along with the estate and surrounding properties. It is known today as the Pögl Manor Chapel in honor of the Pögl family.

Lovely tendril paintings dating from around 1520/30 and the depiction of the Fourteen Holy Helpers dating from 1511 make the church noteworthy.

Note: May only be viewed in guided tours.