The Church of the Minorites dating from the 13th century

Notable frescos of great artistic quality

The Church of the Minorites© TV Bruck/Mur, picture: M. Maili

The Gothic structure converted to the Baroque style dating from the 13th century is situated at the end of the pedestrian district and is visible along the length of the lane, Mittergasse. With a quite modest exterior befitting a mendicant order, the church houses exceptional frescos of great artistic quality, dating from around 1400, and an altarpiece by Hans Adam Weißenkircher depicting St. Anthony of Padua dating from around 1690. The Church of the Minorites is also the starting point of the Literature Pathway up to Bruck's Castle Hill.

Note: Generally only open during guided tours, the church can be viewed during the daytime in the summer months.