The Church of St. Martin at the Public Hospital

The famous St. Martin's altarpiece dating from 1518

The Church of St. Martin

There is documentary evidence dating from the beginning of the 14th century on the Public Hospital, a building complex that consisted of several sections; the church was added in the 14th and 15th centuries.

This structure had housed the famous St. Martin's altarpiece dating from 1518, which bears the name of the saint owing to the fact that the master craftsman himself remains unknown.  The altarpiece is on loan to the Provincial Museum Joanneum in Graz.  The historical monument is currently being used by the Federal School of Forestry Sciences in Bruck an der Mur as a venue for festivities.

From Address: